June 11, 2018
International Print Center New York
508 West 26th Street, 5A
New York, NY 10001
JOB POSTING: External Affairs Coordinator/
The External Affairs Coordinator/Manager (title commensurate with experience) will work closely with the Director and all staff to drive IPCNY's continued growth as the leading non-‐profit institution in New York City dedicated to the print field, with international impact. This position coordinates development and public relations and marketing efforts to increase IPCNY’s revenue, support, attendance, media presence, and external profile. Working with a dynamic small staff in an open office environment connected to an exhibition space, the applicant must be both a self-‐starter and a team player. This position is an exciting opportunity for a talented, motivated candidate with the relevant background, skills, and ambition to be an external ambassador; collaborate with donors and stakeholders; increase the institution’s presence within the local and global cultural landscape; and anticipate the needs of an expanding institution.
Job functions include:
- Identifying new opportunities to promote IPCNY's mission and its visibility in media outlets and in the print and art worlds
- Development, including new donor cultivation and gifts, new grant opportunities, and contributing to the writing and compilation of grant submissions
- Marketing and communications, including content for IPCNY's website and social media and traditional media channels; and reporting on website analytics
- Developing and distributing marketing and promotional materials for IPCNY’s programming and analyzing effectiveness
- Attracting and retaining visitors through outreach and enhanced visitor experience
- Building effective relationships with the press, managing media contacts, proposing press events, and drafting and distributing press releases
- Placing online and print advertisements and evaluating effectiveness; applying to and managing IPCNY’s presence at print fairs
- Representing IPCNY at functions
- Contributing with all staff to devising public programs and events
The ideal candidate will have a development, communications, marketing, or events background, and a degree in arts administration, communications, art history, fine arts, or related field; plus 2-‐3 years of relevant experience. Knowledge of the print field preferred. Excellent interpersonal skills, superb written and verbal communications skills, strong organizational skills, and detail oriented. A proactive approach and the ability to work independently, set priorities, follow through, balance multiple tasks, and meet multiple deadlines. A collaborative, team-‐orientated attitude is also essential; supervises an intern. Proficiency in Squarespace, Microsoft Office, and familiarity with creative software, including Adobe Photoshop, InDesign and email marketing software. Participation at IPCNY events and art world events, some in the evenings and occasionally on weekends, required. Experience behind camera and editing video a plus.
Minimum commitment of 2 years, 3 preferred. IPCNY (International Print Center New York) is New York’s leading non-‐profit arts institution dedicated to the innovative presentation of prints by emerging and established, national and international artists. The center is a vibrant hub and exhibition space in Chelsea with an artist-‐centered approach. By balancing its primary activities—innovative guest-‐curated exhibitions, New Prints Program, extensive public programs, pop-‐up events, and a major annual gala—IPCNY seeks to engage a diverse public in the active, culturally-‐relevant medium and field of prints. IPCNY offers an inclusive work environment where staff and interns of different races, ethnicities, ages, gender identities, sexual orientation, socioeconomic backgrounds, abilities, and political affiliation are welcome.
To apply, email a resume and cover letter with two references, with the subject line “External Affairs”, to firstname.lastname@example.org.